The Reddy Cab Company

The Reddy Cab Company
Available in hardcover, paperback, and ebook from Amazon!

Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas and All That

I love Christmas! It has always been my favorite holiday and I love the whole season and all that it entails. I love the music and the decorations and even the cheesy holiday movies. I love the nativity scenes and the recognition by most that He is the true reason for the season. I love the Charlie Brown special and the speech by Linus that explains things in a simple and powerful way. Again, I just love Christmas.

On the other hand, the holidays can be stressful! Shopping trips to the mall will test your temperament before you even get out of the parking lot. For every smiling face, you sometimes see two angry ones, as shoppers push and shove to reach the nearest bargain item. It’s like a competitive sport for some people. Online shopping may be more convenient, but it lacks the feel of real Christmas shopping. For myself, a combination of the two works best.

This Christmas has been a season of personal challenges. Not one, but two deaths in the family occurred within a week of each other, one on my side and one on my wife’s side of the family. Funerals are difficult at the best of times even without the added stress of the holidays. A car accident derailed some travel plans and who needs the additional cost of a rental car at Christmas? But no one was hurt and cars can be repaired or replaced, so I count my blessings and say a prayer of thanks.


So, this Christmas, I hope that life treats you well, my friends. I hope that the music and the lights lead you to the baby in the manger and not distract you from Him. And as we close out another year, hold your family close and tell them you love them. God bless you and yours and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment