The Reddy Cab Company

The Reddy Cab Company
Available in hardcover, paperback, and ebook from Amazon!

Monday, November 26, 2018

The Holiday Season


I’m a little tired this week. Everyone knows the holidays can be stressful and we bear it the best we can while trying to enjoy the family and friends and traditions that make this the best time of the year. I’m getting ready for our annual Christmas program and hoping that by week’s end I will have learned the last few songs well enough to put aside the music and just sing.

But I’m tired. Partly it’s age and just the physical reality of getting older, but I know that’s not all. It’s the mental part, the stress, that I’m feeling today. I tend to compartmentalize and I have a calendar in my head that tells me there are more days left to be marked off and more arbitrary deadlines to meet. Let me see, Halloween, check. Thanksgiving, check. Choir program, not yet. Christmas, New Year, still ahead.

So, I’m tired, but I’m hanging on and trying not to look too far ahead. Practice tonight? Maybe. Dress rehearsal, Wednesday night for sure. Performances Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My mental calendar stops there. That’s enough for now. Vaguely ahead I can see putting up the tree, hanging lights outside this year? Logistics of at least a few shopping trips still to be managed. And travel plans to visit family at some point.

But maybe I just need to hang on to Thanksgiving a bit longer. And remember to be thankful in ALL circumstances. In Sunday School this week, we talked about giving God praise daily. Continuously. So often, we look at the negatives and focus on our troubles and we forget that God is in control. I may get tired, but He never does. So I thank Him and praise Him for all the blessings in my life. And 
I look forward to the promise of Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (KJV)


Today I’m tired, but I know it won’t last forever. One day, I’ll renew my strength (mind and body!) and it will be glorious! Until then, I pray you have a wonderful holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment