The Reddy Cab Company

The Reddy Cab Company
Available in hardcover, paperback, and ebook from Amazon!

Monday, December 24, 2018

Some Poems for the Christmas Season


Merry Christmas everyone! While I try to write something new each week, it is the holiday season and hopefully, I will be spending some quality time with the family! So, I thought I’d use this week’s blog to share a couple of Christmas themed poems from my book of poetry A Head Full of Random Thoughts. Hope you like them!

Sad Christmas

My brother-in-law died today,
With Christmas only days away,
My son was stranded with no car
Needing to reach home from afar.
My wife’s brother called to tell
Of a cousin’s death this week, as well.

It’s a sad Christmas.

The holidays bring stress enough,
And this year will be extra tough,
But we’ll be thankful nonetheless
And pray for strength and maybe rest,
And celebrate our Savior’s birth,
And pray to God for peace on earth.


Early Resolutions

When Christmas comes,
I’ll be more thankful.
I’ll be more cheerful
And smile a little more.

When Christmas comes,
I’ll count my blessings
And hug my wife and kids
And tell them that I love them.

When Christmas comes,
I’ll find a way to pay the bills
And not complain about the cost of gifts,
Knowing that some things are priceless,
Most of all togetherness, and peace,
But material objects the least.

When Christmas comes,
I’ll listen to the old familiar songs
And sing along with joy when I can
And look for manger scenes
To remind me of the One
Who came to give us life,
And also love.

And when Christmas goes,
And the yuletide spirit
Starts to fade and slip away,
I’ll hold on to it fast,
And try to make it last
Beyond the songs, and lights,
And symbols of the season.

If you like these two, pick up a copy of A Head Full of Random Thoughts in paperback from Amazon https://amzn.to/2LwqzKC or in multiple ebook formats https://www.books2read.com/randomthoughts. And again, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment