The Reddy Cab Company

The Reddy Cab Company
Available in hardcover, paperback, and ebook from Amazon!

Monday, September 23, 2019

Climate Change From the Perspective of a True (Non) Believer


I don't believe that the sky is falling. I don't believe the world will be gone in 12 years. Honestly, I don't believe much of anything proclaimed by the Left these days.

I'm pretty old and for most of my life, I've been listening to the environmentalists scream and rant and rave and cry about the horrible things we're doing to our planet. I even remember those corny films from the 70s that we used to watch in Health and Science classes. Doom and gloom brought to you by 16mm projector.

Back then, we were warned about a new Ice Age that was coming, and if we didn't IMMEDIATELY stop doing whatever it was we were doing at the time, we were all going to die! A few decades later, it was the opposite and Global Warming was a foregone conclusion. All the ice at the North and South poles was going to melt and the oceans were going to rise and we would all drown. If the heat from all the holes we were putting in the ozone layer didn't cause us all to spontaneously combust first.

Ok, let me be serious. As a Christian, I do believe that we should be responsible in taking care of the world created and gifted to us by a loving Creator. On the other hand, the absolute hubris of those who believe we puny humans have the actual power to destroy a planet amazes me. Sure we can (and often do) turn our houses, cities, states, countries, etc. into pig sties, but do we really think we can kill an entire planet? Don't know if I believe that one.

The biggest issue I have with all the Climate Change freaks is that the United States alone cannot fix the planet. (Again, hubris.) With China and others all across the world polluting way beyond our means, it is foolish to think that signing some worthless global climate deal and crippling our economy in the process (while those other countries make little or no attempt to fulfill their obligations) is a realistic answer.

The Liberals, of course, have all the answers. AOC and her New Green Deal are ludicrous if you bother to look at the actual details of the proposal. Very expensive and totally unworkable. I guess if the whole country decided to "Go Amish" we could become a third world country and maybe “save” the planet long enough for Russia or China or somebody else to take over the US and kick us all out. Other than that, I guess we just need to make all those cows quit farting. Or run and hide like Chicken Little.

No comments:

Post a Comment