The Reddy Cab Company

The Reddy Cab Company
Available in hardcover, paperback, and ebook from Amazon!

Monday, November 30, 2020

Return to Eastlake – More Small Town Tales

 

My third novel is available now, and I’m very excited! (Can you tell?) It’s been a very long process and the revising/editing has been extremely tedious. Originally, I had planned to have the book ready this past summer, but even putting away my current WIP (work in progress), and devoting my somewhat limited time and energy to completing this one, it still took a long time to finish.

If you’ve read my previous book, At the Drive-In, then you know what to expect from the sequel. Set in the fictional (small) town of Eastlake, Texas, the book follows a number of characters (and the aforementioned drive-in) over an extended period of time, and the stories, although interconnected, are not presented in chronological order.

There are stories about the schools, the church, and the drive-in, and though they are often based on my personal experiences, they are not intended to be biographical. Many of the events described did actually happen, but quite a bit of literary license has been applied, so none of the stories should be considered accurate or completely truthful.

And of course, some of the stories are entirely fictional, for example, the trilogy of tales about the teenaged carhop who disappears without a trace (in the previous book). The story continues here in the sequel, and yes, I do finally reveal what happened to Krissy Holder. (I was surprised at the number of people who asked about that particular story and really wanted a resolution.)

So, even if you missed the first set of stories, grab a copy of Return to Eastlake, and as always, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment