The Reddy Cab Company

The Reddy Cab Company
Available in hardcover, paperback, and ebook from Amazon!

Monday, November 9, 2020

Some Observations on this Crazy Election


 So, Joe Biden is President-Elect? Unofficially, of course, but not likely to change. Whatever we think about the state of this wild election, barring some miraculous turn of events, he will eventually be our next President. Here are my thoughts on the matter.

Regardless of the winners and losers, most Americans wanted a fair and honest election. I don’t believe we got one. Although the Democrats refuse to even acknowledge the obvious facts, a lot of fraudulent activity took place this year, and once more we are left with plenty of doubt about the legitimacy of the outcome. How much fraud occurred and how much did it impact the results? We may never know.

Like many conservatives, I am discouraged and disheartened. I am concerned about the future of my country. I don’t know that I have ever seen an election with such a stark contrast between the candidates and their positions on the major issues. I don’t know that I have ever seen an election with more emphasis on the personalities of the candidates, and less on the actual issues.

Biden and Harris represent an absolute abandonment of everything that has been done for the last four years, and I can’t help but see that as a bad thing. I fear their radical Liberal positions on abortion, guns, immigration, healthcare, taxes, trade policies, the environment, and everything else, will have a huge negative impact on our country. (I wonder if 70 million people really voted for all that!)

I haven’t seen any movement toward the positive yet (at least on social media). After four years of pure hatred, the ultimate sore losers are now the winners. So far, they have been as ungracious in victory as they were in defeat. To my Liberal friends, I suggest that if you really do want to promote unity and healing, you could start by putting an end to the horrible, vile, and disgusting memes you post daily. Like I said, negative impact.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope that like most politicians, they will lay their campaign promises aside once they have attained the office. Perhaps Congress and the Judiciary will provided some of the checks and balances the founding fathers intended. If not, we may be in for a tumultuous season. In the meantime, I will pray for my country and its leaders (whether I voted for them or not!). I am an American and my President will have my respect and allegiance.

1 comment:

  1. I pray that Congress will honor their oath of office "to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic...". If they do that, they will assure an independent judiciary.

    ReplyDelete