The Reddy Cab Company

The Reddy Cab Company
Available in hardcover, paperback, and ebook from Amazon!

Monday, March 21, 2022

Go (ADWFTH) Texans!

 

I’m not really a fan of the NFL anymore. Honestly, the only complete game I’ve watched in the last three years was the Tom Brady/Bucs Super Bowl win. Other than that, the most I’ve done is check the scores and watch a few highlight videos on slow Mondays.

Mostly, I got fed up with all the non-football crap that has taken over the league. I want to watch the games, not be lectured on social issues. Sorry, but if I want Liberal propaganda, I’ll watch CNN. Or the network news.

Anyway, I still follow the news, and specific players, and certain teams. My Houston Texans would be my favorite, and of course, I’m a diehard Dallas Cowboy hater! So with the decline of the Texans (and the success of the Cowboys, until they choked in the playoffs, no surprise!), last season was hard to watch. And who do I blame for the Texans decline? Deshaun Watson.

Bill O’Brien is gone, along with his horrible personnel decisions and several really good players. With a new coach and GM, we could have been competitive, until we lost our franchise quarterback. Nothing like paying somebody millions of dollars while they sit home on the couch and don’t play. And why did the team do that? Because he demanded a trade and refused to play.

And why did he demand a trade? Because he wanted to have input on the hiring of the new GM and the next coach. I could write an entire article on my opinions of pro athletes who want to tell the team owners how to do their jobs. Hello, LeBron James, and Aaron Rodgers, just to name a few. Anyway, rumors were already spreading about the real problems he was about to face.

What happens when your franchise quarterback allegedly sexually harasses/assaults 22 women? One would think trading a player under such circumstances would be difficult, right? But Watson is good. And young. And a quarterback. And besides the NFL investigation is on the back burner. No suspensions yet. Many teams were interested. Only the threat of criminal charges made them wary. Even Roger Goodell would have to respond to that.

So, teams waited. And Watson sat. And collected money from the Texans. And of course, denied everything, while the number of accusers went higher and higher.

I don’t know all the facts. I haven’t read all the complaints. Or the police statements. All I know is his denials don’t meet the smell test. The whole situation stinks. And common sense leads me to believe that Watson is likely a sexual predator who committed these acts. The alternative is that all these women are lying. I don’t buy it.

Anyone actually believe that professional sports teams don’t provide all the medical/physical therapy that star players need or require? Why would any NFL franchise QB be searching Instagram for private massage therapists? And who goes through 22 different therapists in a year constantly replacing the previous one who refuses to come back? Doesn’t smell right.

Personally, I don’t get massages. I’m not sure about the procedures. Maybe I’m looking at things all wrong. But if the towel slips and you “accidentally” expose yourself, that’s got to be a rare (and embarrassing) occurrence, right? And “accidentally” moving the wrong way and touching the therapist with your genitals? Rare, right? But if something like that happens 22 times with 22 different (always female) therapists? Doesn’t really sound like an accident, does it? Sounds more like a pattern to me.

Anyway, a criminal investigation led to a grand jury which chose not to indict Watson on criminal charges. He still faces a possible civil trial, or he’ll settle and pay a few million to make the whole thing go away. Should be easy with a new contract that pays him $230 million over the next five years.

Sadly, his old contract had a no-trade clause which allowed him to basically choose where he could be traded. So, while the team loses games, and coaches, and respect, he gets to go shopping in the NFL candy store and pick the best team that will have him. Surprisingly, there were many choices. So what if you’re a sexual predator, if you can play, they’ll take you! Congrats Cleveland. I’m sure all the massage therapists in Ohio are excited to have a potential new client coming to town.

Okay, I could go on, but I’m too disgusted to continue. (Check out this article if you want to read all the gory details. Deshaun Watson allegations: A timeline of numerous lawsuits against Houston Texans quarterback - ABC7 Chicago) As a Texans fan, I’m glad he’s gone. Maybe all those draft picks we scored in the trade can help us rebuild. And hopefully, the next “face of the franchise” will be less of an embarrassment to the city and the team.

(Away Deshaun Watson from the Houston) In case you couldn’t figure that one out! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment