The Reddy Cab Company

The Reddy Cab Company
Available in hardcover, paperback, and ebook from Amazon!

Friday, November 10, 2023

 

Today is Veteran’s Day, a federal holiday observed annually to honor U.S. military veterans. For a more complete look at the history and significance of the holiday, check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day.

My father was a veteran. He served in WWII and although he seldom talked about it, I know he was proud of his military service. I thought I would share a poem from my collection https://books2read.com/randomthoughts that I wrote in his honor.

War Story

          

My father served in World War 2,
But he never talked about it.
I find that very strange even now.
He was quite the storyteller,
And he loved to entertain
And repeat the tales he told
To all who’d listen.
But in all the years that passed,
I never heard one story
About the war.

So, today, take a moment to think about the men and women from your family (and all the other families as well) who answered the call to serve their country. Whether in times of war and conflict or times of peace, it is a sacrifice all too often unacknowledged and underappreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment